Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Six


Day Six, originally uploaded by emberangel.

Today.. I took a picture of my new camera and the lenses that I just got yesterday. The Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens. I actually like it. It doesn't have live view when you are taking the photo, but that just drains the battery anyway. Many people see that as a downside, but I don't really need live view.. you can see the picture after you take it. I also got Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras and the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens with Built In Motor for Nikon Digital SLR. And a few other gadgets. An extra battery, 16 GB memory card, lens hoods, filters, shutter release button, lens cleaner kit, and a few miscellaneous things I can't think of right now.

The picture doesn't seem all that exciting, but the point of this project is to document life and that right there is something important that happened in my life. Hope everyone who is currently doing a 365 project is still going strong. : )

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you completely on the live view front which is why I bought the Sony A230. The rest of your lens kit mirrors mind too lol. Looking forward to see the results from the new camera.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too much in love with Nikon cameras to go with anything else. I think a lot of people stick with the same brand of camera. Although my film camera is a Minolta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to be a Pentax chap in the film days but given it was 15 years in between I forgot about them.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Many lenses too!! This camera and the lenses will definitely change your photos :) Such great fun!! Can't wait to see what photos you add to your 365 with your knew equipment!

    ReplyDelete