Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43


Day 43, originally uploaded by emberangel.

Camera: Nikon D3000
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/2.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
Focal Length: 50.4 mm
ISO Speed: 800

Frame every so-called disaster with these words, “In five years, will this matter?”
I think that in the end, most of the things we thought were important, really aren't. In the end all that really matters is what you make matter. That means taking time to be yourself and understanding what makes you truly happy.
And in five years, the dinner that you messed up, the one that got away won't be as important. It simply doesn't matter any more.
It seems like a lot my friends don't quite understand this yet. My best friend says that she is so old because she is 21 years old. She has so much more living to do. So many things will make her realize how young she really is right now. I know that I am young and yet I am more mature then any of my friends my age. I grew up the day before my 20th birthday; I grew up the day my brother died.
Some of my friends think that it is age that makes you mature. But it is experience that matures you. It is life and how you interact with it. It is the choices you make and the way you choose to live your life. Because every moment is a new opportunity to live your life the way you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment