Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32.365


32.365, originally uploaded by emberangel.

This weekend will be the maiden voyage of my holga camera. I'm going to Downtown Carlsbad and taking pictures of the old signs and payphones. While the two don't exactly go together, they are the things that I love. I love downtown areas. I love vintage signs that are still in use (I hope there actually are some in dt Carlsbad). I love Carlsbad. I love payphones (probably because they are going to be extinct one day). And I love film photography because you take so much more time composing the shot, getting the right settings and the final print. There is so much more effort put into it than many people put into digital. I will admit though, when it comes to digital photos I don't really have any any idea what I am doing when I am post processing. I guess I need to take a class. : )

1 comment:

  1. I learned much of my post processing just by playing with photographs. I still would like to take a course, but you can learn huge amounts just playing.

    I used to use my "messed up" shots to experiment with. After correcting so many "bad" photos, I found that I often like working with my Fstops set too high and too low and manipulating the image from there.

    As a student, you can get amazing discounts from Adobe, if you are interested in using Photoshop or Creative Suite. Even if you already purchased and didn't get the discount, if you send proof of enrollment, you can often get a rebate.

    I'm not trying to push advice here, just share some of my own creative process in the hope it might allow you greater ease in finding your own way.

    ReplyDelete