Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Years Resolution

Every year I make a list of resolutions with the very best of intentions. And every year it doesn't seem to stick. Half of the time it doesn't even last a week. But this time I really want to achieve my goal. My New Years Resolution for 2010 is to take (at least) one photo a day.
The best goal starts right now, today, not when January 1st actually rolls around. Today I went out and I took a photo of a weed because it inspired me and tomorrow I want to take a photo too. A way to document the beginning. In order for this plan to work I have to hold myself accountable and create a plan of action. I will take a camera with me everywhere and I will use it to document my life. If I see something funny I will take a picture of it. I won't wait until the end of the day to take a picture. I know that it will seem like a daunting task. So I will reward myself when I have taken a photo a day for 30 days. That way there will be little goals that I am working towards. And at the end of the year, if I took 1 photo every single day, I will reward myself by buying one kick ass lens for my camera.
My first reward will be a photo backpack kinda like this one:



I love the fact that you can carry a tripod with you in your bag. It actually isn't too expensive, but I won't buy it for myself until I have taken a photo a day for 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment